is a refreshingly easy to use 2.5 D Computer Aided Manufacturing software for the design and manufacture
of mechanical parts. By simply creating lines, arcs, circles,
and rectangles or by importing a DXF file created with AutoCAD
or other CAD program, anyone with basic computer skills can
create well written CNC part programs and fabricate high precision parts.
Here's an overview of how MultiCAM works:
1) You simply create the geometry by drawing it directly in MultiCAM or importing a DXF file from an existing drawing.
2) Select a cutting tool and place a tool path along
any continuous geometry.
3) Automatic pockets with island(s) avoidance
and multiple sweeps can be placed to any finish depth.
passes are placed with a simple point and click of the mouse.
5) Select CAM-Make CNC MIll File, this writes the G-code file in seconds!
6) Selecting another menu item runs MillMaster
Pro (sold separately), automatically loading the corresponding
part program for the fastest design/make cycles!
CAD type editing features such as scaling, mirroring, rotating,
trimming, and extending, MultiCAM Mill makes it fun to
construct a complex shape without reverting to complex
The CAM features
are able to place lead-in and lead-out for mar free tool entry
As with any
tool, the useability and ease of use will dictate the value.
If you are currently using Millmaster pro, MultiCAM will
help you become more productive and give you more impressive
results with less effort than with any other CAM product. Period!